Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Funny stories about my new "girls."

So far my new "girls" have provided me with some funny moments that I'd like to share. About a week ago, I was having lunch with some of my Pink Ribbon Cowgirls. I was sitting next to a friend when I stood up to talk to an other gal next to her. All of the sudden, my friend cleared her throat and said to me quietly, "Um Romy, your boob is resting on my shoulder." Well, I had no idea that it was, because I have no sensation what-so-ever (and probably never will) in my new breasts! Fortunately, we both started cracking up as she completely understood, as only a fellow breast cancer survivor could.
Then a few minutes later I was leaning over my cappuccino talking to an other friend, when that friend pointed down and said, "Romy, watch out. You're about to dunk your boob in your coffee." Laughs all around again. Boy, I'm going to really have to watch my "girls." They seem to get in the way all the time and since I can't feel them, it would be very easy to have a serious mishap!

On a different note, the "girls" are healing nicely. The horrible pain I was feeling underneath my left breast every time I bent down is gone thankfully. I thought the pain might be due to an infection but the surgeon checked it and said that everything looked good so far. He also removed the rest of the stitches. Overall, I must say that I am pleased with the way they look although sometimes the right breast looks like it's deflating in one small area. I'm not sure what that is all about but I hope that it doesn't get worse.

0 comments:

Post a Comment